Are you a high school student looking to get a head start on your college education? Vermont's Dual Enrollment Program may be for you!
Students must get approval from their high school principal to ensure they will receive high school credit. For a dual enrollment voucher to pay for a college course, the course must be counted as credit toward high school graduation. Vouchers will be awarded through the application at www.vtdualenrollment.org.
High school students interested in taking a course at one of the 12 participating independent colleges though Vermont's Dual Enrollment Program should contact their guidance counselor or the college representative below:
• Bennington College: Jamie Babic | email@example.com 802-440-4653
• Champlain College: Nick Spaziani | firstname.lastname@example.org 802-865-6418
• Goddard College: Annette Fitzgerald | email@example.com 802-322-1672
• Landmark College: Marie-Pierre Huguet| mariepierrehuguet@landmark 802-387-1682
• Marlboro College: Angie Hamilton | firstname.lastname@example.org 802-258-9231
• Norwich University: Devin Holland | email@example.com 802-485-2038
• St. Michael’s College: David Barrowclough | firstname.lastname@example.org 802-654-2571
• Sterling College: Lucy Hankinson | l email@example.com 802-586-7711 x 106
If you are enrolled in a Tech Center, find out if your program has dual enrollment options. Visit the Fast Forward website. If you have a strong interest and aptitude in math, science, and technology, consider the Vermont Academy of Science and Technology (VAST). The VAST program offers a full-year alternative to the senior year of high school.
Vermont Dual Enrollment Programs
Vermont's statewide Dual Enrollment Program allows high school students to earn college credit while still in high school, reducing the time it takes to get a college degree, lowering the costs associated with college, and offering the challenge of a college-level curriculum.
High school students are eligible for vouchers allowing them to take two college courses tuition free at designated Vermont colleges and universities.